Sunday, June 24, 2007

Falling Out of Love

In the Buffyverse, it seems that everyone has a love that is doomed to fail due to normal or mystical reasons.

Buffy-Angel
Buffy-Spike
Xander-Cordy
Xander-Anya
Willow-Oz
Willow-Tara
Giles-Miss Calendar

Good lord, did anyone have a relationship that worked out???

So for my next Buffy KAL project I decided to do some "Falling Out of Love Socks."

100_3804

They're based on the Falling In Love socks from Magknits. However, I don't do toe-ups, so the hearts are backwards on my socks. Yes, it's kind of a stretch.

Honestly, the blood red of these socks just screamed vampire to me and I wanted to cast on something to tie to this KAL. The color is actually called "Mustang Sally" from STR that Singing Scoobie Amy was sweet enough to send me last year.

7 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

As much as I love that show, it can be a tad depressing at times. Bless 'em. LOL

The socks look great and I think the pattern choice and color are perfect. :-)

Carol said...

I love that idea :)
I don't do toe up either

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you're lovin' the yarn!

I thought the Buffyverse was really doom and gloom on romance until I started watching Veronica Mars.

Drucilla said...

Other relationships that didn't work:

Buffy-Riley
Joyce-Brian
Giles-Olivia

IvanovaKnits said...

Willow and Kennedy never broke up!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Oh, great theme! : )

I am also knitting a pair of socks with Mustang Sally, and it's definitely a great blood-red colorway, yum!!

Elizabeth said...

Nice color choice.

Re: breakups... Steady relationships may be healthy in real life, but they just aren't very interesting television!