Sunday, April 22, 2007

My flatmate and study buddy ganged up on me...

I got into Buffy half-way through my undergraduate - at the time Buffy season 4 was on the air. I knew about the show, but I thought the movie, which I saw in the theater, was super lame. I had a regular study buddy who came over to my house once every week during the semester the same night Buffy was on, and when we were done our homework, she would watch Buffy with my flatmate. Not wanting to be left out, I would sort of watch it, but then I really got into it. Buffy and friends had just started college, were making new friends, trying to keep their non-college attending friends in the gang, there were the boy-troubles and experimentation, Buffy falling for her TA (I married one of mine!), there was a lot I could relate to in that season, not to mention the fight scenes - I was also studying Tae Kwon Do at the time. So I blame my flatmate and study buddy for getting me into Buffy.

On the knitting front, I'm kind of bored with the lace and cables capelet, but if I knit 5 rows every night, I should be done... in about a month. I'm also plannning my next project, the Shetland Triangle Shawl from Wrap Style. There's a nice version of it here.
My yarn will be some Hand Maiden 4 ply Silk Cashmere.
This colorway reminds me of something Tara would wear, I think she's a handpaint kind of girl. I don't recall seeing her in a shawl or wrap, but I haven't gotten past season 3 yet, so I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I do think that she would have worn one if the costume designers had thought of it though.

Ivanova

No comments: