Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tara's Stole is done!

And it only took me... about 4 months! Needless to say I've watched all of the seasons of Buffy by now, and will probably watch them all again in the near future. Here's a shot of me wearing it, while attempting to take a picture in a mirror...
I was going for something blue, because I thought Tara looked fantastic in blue (and it's my favorite color), but instead it turned out kind of grayish purple. I guess I'll buy more dye next time (if there is a next time). I also wanted it too look natural and organic, with the waviness of the variegated lace flowing into the solid leafy/spidery clusters. I'm not sure that I got exactly what I envisioned, but I'm happy with it and it's very warm and soft. Currently on the needles: another lace stole! This one's a gift for a sister-in-law who is a lot like Buffy in her own way - she doesn't take any ...uh.... guff from anyone, so I guess it's Buffy-related!

No comments: